Friday, January 29, 2016

One Word for the New Year

Y'all, I know it's the end of January but I still can't get one word out of my head. Productivity. It's been resonating in my head since the first of the year and I can already tell that the vibe of this year will be all about it.

I love the idea of choosing One Little Word and letting it guide my year. With each choice I make, I can question, "Is this helping me be more productive?". "Am I working towards productivity?" Looking back, I didn't have a word last year, but I know it was rejuvenation. Every choice I made and every action I took, was towards feeling rejuvenated. It was a rebuilding year and I needed to dive in, feet first. So I spent a lot of time on the yoga mat and meeting with friends. That's what I needed. I let myself have it. And it's the best thing I ever did.

This year, however, will be all about getting stuff done. I have ideas swimming around in my head, I have friends that love to cultivate new ideas, and I have a wedding to plan. Between Apple Slices, LLC and wedding planning, I know I'm going to be one busy lady! I'm loving it all!

I've been asking my friends all about what their words would be. Many of them know instantly. Others need some time to think. During one of my conversations with a teacher, we discussed how interesting it would be to challenge our kiddos to think of their own word for the year. What type of year do they want this to be? What's important to them? It's vital for young kids to think like this and to set goals. This enables them to have one small goal that they can return to month after month. Which is what spurred me to create this mini lesson! Even though it's near the end of January, it's never too late to get thinking about your goals! What will your one word be?

Encourage your kiddos to find their One Word for the New Year with this pack! It's my store's WEEKLY DEAL - so grab it while it's cheap!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/One-Word-for-the-Year-A-Goal-Setting-Activity-for-Students-and-Teachers-2357275

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/One-Word-for-the-Year-A-Goal-Setting-Activity-for-Students-and-Teachers-2357275

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/One-Word-for-the-Year-A-Goal-Setting-Activity-for-Students-and-Teachers-2357275

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/One-Word-for-the-Year-A-Goal-Setting-Activity-for-Students-and-Teachers-2357275

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/One-Word-for-the-Year-A-Goal-Setting-Activity-for-Students-and-Teachers-2357275

No comments:

Post a Comment